ADSM-L

Re: Linux Cluster Backups

2006-07-26 07:53:00
Subject: Re: Linux Cluster Backups
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:51:34 +0200
Hi,

Same here. Just finishing configuring the back-up of the shared storage
and looking at the filespace info on the ITSM server, I start to wonder:

                                      Node Name: NULBEAWEBCLUSTER
                                 Filespace Name: /data-ext
                     Hexadecimal Filespace Name:
                                           FSID: 1
                                       Platform: Linux86
                                 Filespace Type: UNKNOWN
                          Is Filespace Unicode?: No

The part "UNKNOWN", I do not like. Back-up runs, restore works but
still....

Anyone?

FYI, because the cluster software isn't configured to contain any
resources (I would say, not used) and the GFS software is a bit to much
to handle for the Linux Administrator, I did:
-create a folder on the shared storage containing the dsm.opt and log
files;
-on all cluster nodes a put a stanze in de dsm.sys for the cluster
resource;
-start the tsm service/gui etc with -optfile=/share_stg/folder/dsm.opt.
Options as "clusternode yes" gave errors like "no cluster resource"....
:-(

Its time for a google search.

Regards,

Karel