ADSM-L

Re: Conferences

2006-07-20 17:22:49
Subject: Re: Conferences
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:19:45 -0400
>> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:19:21 -0400, Rob Berendt <rob AT DEKKO DOT COM> said:

> As much as I'd like to go to the UK (I have a passport I've never
> used) I don't think the boss will send me over the pond.

> SHARE seems mainframe oriented.

You are so right. But the TSM content is still pretty good.  SHARE
tolerates open systems content, as long as the folks and organizations
doing it are obsequeously subservient to the mainframe folks.

> Perhaps a strong Tivoli presence at http://common.org would help?

Perhaps, but keep in mind that most folks who say "Tivoli" are
thinking something quite distinct from TSM.  Our perspective is not
*koff* SHAREd.  Or Common, for that matter.

- Allen S. Rout
- I'm sorry.