ADSM-L

Re: TSM catalog growth

2006-07-20 11:41:01
Subject: Re: TSM catalog growth
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:35:50 -0600
At this point I'm do not think it possible to draw any specific
conclusions.

- Make sure inventory expiration is running successfully.

- You mention that you track monthly "by node" growth, but does that
include number of objects? Consider checking occupancy on a daily basis
for all nodes and pay attention to the number of objects (files).

- Check whether anyone is running more than one backup a day.

- You indicated that the majority of your nodes subscribe to management
classes with either 9 or 90 day retention. Do you have any management
classes with longer retention? Directories will be bound to the management
class with the longest RETONLY setting. Even if 90 is your highest
setting, the nodes that subscribe to the 9-day retention class(es) will
still have their directories bound to the 90-day class, so not *all* of
their data will necessarily turn over after 9 days.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/20/2006
06:18:47 AM: