ADSM-L

Re: Strange TSM Server problem.

2006-07-19 16:08:13
Subject: Re: Strange TSM Server problem.
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:50:34 +0200
Hi,

I didn't read the entire thread, but I've been working on a similar issue today.

It turned out to be a storage agent on another server that still thought it had
tapes mounted in the drives. I just stopped the storage agent on each server
followed by a 'query mount' on the TSM server. If the query mount still answers
with tapes that are in use, restart the storaga agent on the first server and
stop the next storage agent.

Once I've stopped the correct storage agent; the query mount didn't show any
results no more. Restart once more the storage agent and run an audot of your
library afterwards.

best regards,
Kurt