ADSM-L

Re: Network tuning question -- AIX to AIX

2006-07-19 09:24:45
Subject: Re: Network tuning question -- AIX to AIX
From: Hans-Dieter Kutz <spambehaelter AT HDKUTZ DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:35:04 +0200
On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 03:07:06PM +0200, Jacques Van Den Berg wrote:
> Hi, I assume you are using TSM & AIX. We have applied the following
> settings on AIX for our GIGABIT ETHERS.
>
> original settings:
> sb_max = 1048576
> udp_recvspace = 42080
> udp_sendspace = 9216
> tcp_recvspace = 16384
> tcp_sendspace = 16384
>
> The following settings has been applied:
> no -o sb_max=2097152
> no -r -o sb_max=2097152
>
> no -o udp_sendspace=65536
> no -r -o udp_sendspace=65536
>
> no -o udp_recvspace=65536
> no -r -o udp_recvspace=65536
>
> no -o tcp_recvspace=262144
> no -r -o tcp_recvspace=262144
>
> no -o tcp_sendspace=262144
> no -r -o tcp_sendspace=262144
Hello Jacques!
With the following settings we are getting around 45 Mb/s through the network to
our TSM-Server (AIX to AIX) with no Channel:
<snip>
# no -a|grep rec
            tcp_recvspace = 16384
            udp_recvspace = 42080
# no -a|grep send
            tcp_sendspace = 16384
            udp_sendspace = 9216
# no -a|grep sb
                   sb_max = 8738140
# lsattr -El en1
alias4                      IPv4 Alias including Subnet Mask           True
alias6                      IPv6 Alias including Prefix Length         True
arp           on            Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)          True
authority                   Authorized Users                           True
mtu           1500          Maximum IP Packet Size for This Device     True
netmask       255.255.255.0 Subnet Mask                                True
remmtu        576           Maximum IP Packet Size for REMOTE Networks True
rfc1323       1             Enable/Disable TCP RFC 1323 Window Scaling True
tcp_nodelay   1             Enable/Disable TCP_NODELAY Option          True
tcp_recvspace 873814        Set Socket Buffer Space for Receiving      True
tcp_sendspace 873814        Set Socket Buffer Space for Sending        True

# nmon output client
 I/F Name Recv=KB/s Trans=KB/s packin packout insize outsize Peak->Recv Trans
     en1   178.6 46233.4    3505.2   32296.5    52.2 1465.9    25395.7 50720.6
<snip>
What are your highest thruputs?

Cheers,
ku

--
Princess Leia:
        Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?