ADSM-L

Operational Reporting oddities

2006-07-17 15:58:06
Subject: Operational Reporting oddities
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:55:52 -0400
We have version 5.3.3.0 of TSM Operational Reporting running under
Windows 2003. OR is being used to monitor a TSM server that is
currently at 5.2.6.0 and will shortly be upgraded to 5.3.3.0. The
server runs under mainframe Linux.

I am trying to set up two montitors for to detect passwords that
will expire within a week. One is for administrator passwords
used to automate TSM operations. The other is for node passwords
used for Oracle TDP (Oracle TDP is cleverly designed to prevent
the use of  the 'passwordaccess generate' option).

I would like each of these monitors to run once per day. They
run once per hour even when the 'Period covered' and 'Repeat
every' attributes are both set to 24 hours. How do I get them
to run less frequently?

When I created the second monitor I found the rule from the first
monitor already present. When I added the rule for expiring node
passwords to the second monitor it appeared in the first monitor
as well. When I activate or deactivate a rule in one monitor it
is activated or deactivated in the other monitor as well. How doI create
two monitors with different rules?