ADSM-L

Re: sql query required

2006-07-17 09:37:36
Subject: Re: sql query required
From: Steve Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:35:58 +1000
Sujay,

If you keep your summary data for more than a month you could run a summary
query on the first of each month (I can't access a server at the moment to
test this so the field and function names may be wrong, but you'll get the
idea)

Select sum(bytes) from summary where activity='ARCHIVE' and
month(Start_time)= month(current date - 1 month)

Alternatively, you could turn on accounting, and sum all the archived bytes
in the accounting data file for the month.

Regards

Steve

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin