ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL, relocate on restore not working

2006-07-13 05:16:24
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL, relocate on restore not working
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:12:19 -0400
Steve,

It is possible that your DP/SQL meta data has migrated to tape.
Do you have the "Wait for Tape Mounts for File Information"
checkbox selected? If not, select the checkbox, and try again.
If the meta data has migrated to tape... you will then have to
wait for the tape to be mounted and read before that data
will appear in your dialog box.

If this is the problem, you should consider making sure that
the meta data is always stored on disk, so this doesn't happen
next time. The User's Guide tells you how to do this.

Also check these IBM articles:

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
IBM Corporation

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/13/2006
07:52:55 AM:

> TSM Serv 5.2.4.3
> TSM BA 5.3.0.5
> TSM TDP 5.2.1.3
>
> When I try to restore a SQL Server db under another name (cloning), I
> select the option to relocate the db/log files.  The popup window
> appears, but no files are shown nor can I type anything in.  I know I
> have been able to do this before, but I'm not sure if we have tried this
> since upgrading from 5.2.1.0 to 5.2.1.3
>
> anyone else see this?
>
> Steve Schaub
> Systems Engineer, WNI
> BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
> 423-752-6574 (desk)
> 423-785-7347 (cell)
>
> Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
E-mail