ADSM-L

Choosing a TCPPort number.

2006-07-12 11:09:03
Subject: Choosing a TCPPort number.
From: "Mcnutt, Larry E." <larry.mcnutt AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:37:09 -0400
TSM 5.3.3.0
AIX 5.3 ML4

I need to choose a TCPPort number for a second TSM instance.  Initially
I was thinking of using 1501, but then I discovered that 1501 is the
default for the TCPCLIENTPORT.  But the documentation says that if port
1501 is busy, the scheduler will use another available port. Would using
TCPPort 1501 possibly work, but not be a recommended practice? Are there
other numbers to avoid for this choice?

Thanks,
Larry McNutt
The Timken Company

This message and any attachments are intended for the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please
do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this communication to
others; also please notify the sender by replying to this message,
and then delete it from your system. The Timken Company / The
Timken Corporation