ADSM-L

Missing LAN free data in dsmaccnt.log or how to monitor TDP lan free sessions ?

2006-07-12 10:06:29
Subject: Missing LAN free data in dsmaccnt.log or how to monitor TDP lan free sessions ?
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:31:19 +0200

Hi List,

Tried today to insert "displaylfinfo yes" into dsmserv.opt (TSM at
5.3.3.2 on AIX 5.3) to get some information in dsmaccnt.log regarding
LAN free sessions, but I still don't get any entry in field 6 looking
like "NodeName(StorageAgentName)".
Did anyone succeed in getting this working ?

I'm becoming mad trying to gather some information regarding LAN free
operations done by diverses TDP (informix, DB2) agents in our shop.
Nothing appears in activity log, nothing in summary table , nothing in
dsmaccnt.log : how do you guys monitor TDP lan-free backups  (client
name, duration, bytes sent would be enough ...) ?
Thanks for any tips, scripts or whatever ....
Cheers.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******