ADSM-L

Re: backup directory structure but not the files ?

2006-07-12 08:36:04
Subject: Re: backup directory structure but not the files ?
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:34:47 +0200
Timothy Lin schrieb:
Hi fellow ADSM-L'ers
My manager wants me to backup directory structures of a server but not
the files, since all files can be recreated easily but the structure has
to be backup'ed somehow because it's difficult to recreate.

I'm scratching my head and couldn't quite figure out how to do this,
since the inclexcl process will only match once per object

EXCLUDE /.../*

will exclude all files in all directories from the backup. The directory
structure will still be backed up.

--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470