ADSM-L

Re: Multiple nodes on linux with dsmcad ?

2006-07-12 07:36:46
Subject: Re: Multiple nodes on linux with dsmcad ?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:35:30 -0400
On Jul 12, 2006, at 1:18 AM, Brian Ipsen wrote:

Hi!

 How do I run multiple nodes/schedulers on linux, if I want to use
DSMCAD
?

In my batch file, I've tried to use:

export DSM_CONFIG=/test/dsm1.opt
dsmcad
sleep 2
export DSM_CONFIG=/test/dsm2.opt
dsmcad

But for some wierd reason this doesn't seem to work ?

Brian - The above approach is fine, but the key to success is
        what is coded in the options files.

Closely follow the instructions in the Unix client manual topic
"Managing multiple schedule requirements on one machine".  In
particular, each instance requires a unique port number.  Check the
dsmerror.log for anomalies.

   Richard Sims