ADSM-L

Re: Help - Domino TDP failing after R7 upgrade !!!

2006-07-10 12:10:06
Subject: Re: Help - Domino TDP failing after R7 upgrade !!!
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:09:43 -0400
Just a "heads up" that this problem ended up being a reproducable
failure/problem (actually multiple issues) with Domino R7 and the TSM TDP
on Solaris.

IBM/Tivoli/TDP  has supplied us with patches/fixes to get the TDP process
to run with R7 without "segment faults".  They are still working on
patching the web interface.

The "script" problem still exists. Currently, we have had to change (what
was working just fine until the R7 upgrade) all of our backup/log scripts
to point directly to '/opt/lotus/bin/domdsmc_instancename'. At one point,
there was talk that Lotus thought that some change was made that now
requires the use of ksh, althought nothing has been found to document this
and the book says you can use either (with appropriate changes to the
.profile entries).

Just a warning to the Notes/Domino folks out there using the TDP. If you
are planning to upgrade to R7 and have our configuration (or could be
other combinations - not sure), there is a known problem and hopefully a
regulation patch will be out, soon, so you might want to wait !

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/05/2006
02:18:35 PM: