ADSM-L

Destination - strange behavior

2006-07-07 09:51:50
Subject: Destination - strange behavior
From: Bruno Melo - Suporte Informatica <bruno AT SUPORTEINFORMATICA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:51:21 -0300
Hi TSMer's

I holp you could help me with that, again! :-)

The environment:
TSM Server Win 2k3 (TSM server version 5.3.2)
Three AIX 5.3 (TSM client version 5.3.2 and 5.1.7, TDP for Oracle)
Dozens of Win 2k3 (TSM client version 5.3.2, TDP for Mail Exchange)
Dozens of Linux Debian and RH (TSM client version 5.3.2 and 5.2.2)

The problem:
The server has 6 main storage pools: 2 primary on DISK (Random), 2 primary on tape and 2 copy on tape (DRM). There are several management classes for diferent retention policies, but only one Policy Domain. The Oracle uses the "ORA-MGMC" that points (copy group) to DISK-ORA and the other management classes point to DISK-BKP. The data should flow as follows:

Oracle -> DISK-ORA migrate-> TAPE-ORA (collocation by node) copy-> TAPE-DRM-ORA (collocation by node) Others -> DISK-BKP migrate-> TAPE-BKP (collocation by group) copy-> TAPE-DRM-BKP (collocation by group)

But, some few Windows node's data, about 6 nodes, send small quantity of files and directories to DISK-ORA. I checked up the opt files but nothing pointing for ORA-MGMC. The default Management Class points to DISK-BKP. Checking the volume's contents I saw that all data are from backups operations. I just noticed this issue when the collocation was activated last month. Have you faced the same situation?

Best Hegards,
BRUNO MELO
Suporte Informática Ltda.
Fone: +55 81-3244-9144
Fax: +55 81-3244-9697
Cel: +55 81-96019471
e-mail: bruno AT suporteinformatica DOT com