ADSM-L

Re: Sending of object failed

2006-07-05 15:15:35
Subject: Re: Sending of object failed
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:14:50 -0500
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/05/2006
01:55:54 PM:

> I'm seeing a similar situation......
>  07/04/2006 22:56:47 ANS1228E Sending of object
> 'C:\adsm.sys\xml.state\*' failed
> 07/04/2006 22:56:47 ANS4006E Error processing 'C:\adsm.sys\xml.state\*':
> directory path not found.
>
> But I can open the gui and push a backup and it works fine.
>
> And how come if this is an operating system exclude it's trying to
> backup this directory to begin with?

Remember that when a scheduled backup fails to do what a manual one will
do, it's almost *always* a permissions issue.

Try deleting the c:\adsm.sys directory and check the results of the next
scheduled backup.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
US Bank Backup and Recovery Management