ADSM-L

Re: Help Configure Exclude Command

2006-07-04 09:37:14
Subject: Re: Help Configure Exclude Command
From: Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 14:36:00 +0100
Gidi

Thinking about it again and actually re-reading your original request, I
have probably over complicated things, although what I gave you will
ensure that you only exclude directories that explicitly match the
yyyymmdd format. But nevertheless, it should give you a feel for the
syntax.

What you are probably looking for is something a little more like this;

as per your example.

Exclude.dir "M:\manam\200[2-5]*"

N.B. This will also exclude the directory

        M:\manam\2002must_be_backed_up

This could be an issue. It is always good policy to be as explicit with
your excludes as possible.

The classic example is setting up a home directory for a "temp" and
calling their home directory "temp", but having a high level global
exclude for directories called "temp". Especially, if the temp is
filling in as PA for the finance director. Obviously, I am speaking from
an experience of a friend, not myself you understand!

Thanks

Leigh