ADSM-L

Re: Restoring Drive Paths

2006-07-01 03:41:46
Subject: Re: Restoring Drive Paths
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 00:04:32 -0500
Jon,

>From the Help in the TSM 5.3.3 Admin,

 When the destination is a drive

 >>-UPDate PATH--source_name--destination_name------------------->

 >--SRCType--=--+-DATAMover-+--+------------------------+-------->
                '-SERVer----'  '-AUTODetect--=--+-No--+-'
                                                '-Yes-'

 >--DESTType--=--DRive--LIBRary--=--library_name----------------->

 >--+------------------------+--+--------------------+----------->
    '-DEVIce--=--device_name-'  '-ONLine--=--+-Yes-+-'
                                             '-No--'

 >--+----------------------------------+------------------------><
    |               .-,--------------. |
    |               V                | |
    '-DIRectory--=----directory_name-+-'

So to put a server-connected drive back online, the command would be:

UPDATE  PATH  server_name  drive_name  SRCTYPE=SERVER  DESTTYPE=DRIVE
LIBRARY=library_name  ONLINE=YES

Note the two "T"s in "DestType".  That threw me for a little bit.  For
example, to submit that same update to my LTO drive #2, connected to my
"adstar" server, the command would be:

UPDATE  PATH  ADSTAR  LTODRV2  SRCTYPE=SERVER  DESTTYPE=DRIVE
LIBRARY=LTOLIB  ONLINE=YES

And in the syntax diagrams, you can abbreviate the commands to just the
path shown in ALL CAPS in the diagram.

Hope this helps.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram LLC

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/30/2006
07:27:16 PM: