ADSM-L

TDP for SQL error

2006-06-22 22:01:47
Subject: TDP for SQL error
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:01:13 +1000
We have TSM server 5.2 and have installed TDP for SQL on a client.

We can run manual full and differential SQL backups OK using the GUI,
however we cannot get scheduled backups working.

We have registered the license using the command:

Reg lic file(mssql.lic) Number=4

The output of the "q lic" command includes the entries:

                 Number of TDP for MS SQL Server in use: 1
               Number of TDP for MS SQL Server licensed: 4

The error from the TSM activity log is as follows:

06/22/2006 23:33:23      ANR2579E Schedule SQL_FULL_BACKUPS in domain
STANDARD for node DEVSQL_DATABASE failed (return code 1900).

Any suggestions?

Paul Dudley
ANL IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line
pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.