ADSM-L

Re: Migrating from JFS to Raw Database

2006-06-15 04:20:45
Subject: Re: Migrating from JFS to Raw Database
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:23:27 +1000
Its very simple Rich,

use  Define DBvol and define dbcopy to add your new volumes
backup the database in full and note the tape number.
use del dbcopy and del dbvol to move the data one volume at a time to the
new volumes
backup the database, maybe an incremental will do.
delete the underlying old db files from the filesystem using OS utilities.

Regards

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Brisbane Australia