ADSM-L

Re: migrate stg with duration set

2006-06-13 14:02:44
Subject: Re: migrate stg with duration set
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:02:09 -0400
On Jun 13, 2006, at 12:29 PM, Steven Bridge wrote:

Has anyone used the duration setting with a 'migrate stg'
successfully ?
I was assuming the migration would be cancelled when specified
number of
minutes was up ( or shortly thereafter ). I am finding it makes no
difference
at all.

We need substantive information about what you are seeing...

The exhaustion of the time interval causes the TSM server to issue an
internal cancel to the migration process; but, like any other cancel,
that may not be immediate. At a minimum, the physical file currently
being processed needs to complete its transfer. And if the source
tape is undergoing read retries, or the target tape is undergoing
retry operations due to write errors (which can be quite a while),
that results in further delay.

But what are you actually seeing when you perform Query PRocess?  Is
the quantity of data moved continually increasing over time?  What
final messages appear in the Activity Log when the process finally
does conclude?  In particular, does the expected ANR4925W appear?  If
not, I'd report to TSM Support.

    Richard Sims