ADSM-L

Re: Select and SQL literal token - 'S'

2006-06-09 05:33:07
Subject: Re: Select and SQL literal token - 'S'
From: Alexander Verkooijen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 11:32:48 +0200
Strange, the server seems to treat the s different than
other characters. Please note the different error
messages these two commands generate:

tsm: BASKET>select * from s
ANR2906E Unexpected SQL literal token - 'S'.

         ..............V
         select * from s

ANS8001I Return code 3.

tsm: BASKET>select * from a
ANR2939E The reference 'A' is an unknown SQL table name.

         ..............V
         select * from a

ANS8001I Return code 28.

ANR2939E is the one I would expect, not ANR2906E.

My postgres server doesn't display this
behaviour.

Regards,

Alexander