ADSM-L

Re: How to get rid of old TDP backups

2006-06-08 16:23:08
Subject: Re: How to get rid of old TDP backups
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:22:20 -0400
Basically your answer is yes.  However one thing that has to be right is
the version of TDP on the client.  Was this old client a TDP version prior to 2?

If so, then you need a version 1.1 or whatever as the file nameing structure
changed at version 2.  They ARE NOT Compatible.

I think that if original version was 2.x then any version after that is
compatible.

Just double check everything and remember to put things back afterwards
if you change anything on existing client.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU 06/08/06 4:04 PM >>>
We had an old NT cluster running MSSQL.  At the time it was decommissioned
it had several hundred Gb of backups on tape.  Naturally, after getting rid
of the machine, the owners decided they wanted to keep the active version
of each SQL db backup and I can have the storage back from all the deleted
inactive copies.  How can I do that?  Can I change the name in the options
file of an existing TDP agent to the departed and do a dlete backup from there?

Fred Johanson
ITSM Administrator
University of Chicago
773-702-8464

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.