ADSM-L

Re: 3584 Library

2006-06-08 13:52:16
Subject: Re: 3584 Library
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:46:53 -0700
The atape drivers are the latest on the download site and those I had
installed previously.

I did see the library was configured differently than the one here so I
changed those settings. I also removed the devices and re-ran cfgmgr. That
ended up showing just 3 tape drives. I enabled the control path for a second
drive and cfgmgr brought back smc0. Unfortunately just the 3 drives show up
though.

The fibre channel summary shows that first drive as being not available, no
link status, along with 2 others, which to me is why the library came back
once I enabled a working drive.

Looks like I still need IBM to get back out there and fix what they didn't
check when the system was initially installed.

By the way, has anyone else had this issue with IBM? Installing hardware and
not checking the system to make sure everything is available and online? The
"put it on maintenance and we can fix it" response to me is BS. Make sure it
is in working condition when you leave or stay until it is. Then I'll put it
on maintenance.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator