ADSM-L

Re: ANS4028E

2006-06-08 10:13:38
Subject: Re: ANS4028E
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:13:05 -0500
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/08/2006
09:04:08 AM:
> ANS4028E Error processing 'C:': cannot create file/directory entry
>
> Any ideas as to why I would be getting the above error on a backup.
> Everything I can find talks about checking permissions for a restore
> nothing about this error and backups.
>
> TSM ver 5.1.7 windows2003

Three suggestions:

1. The C: drive is full (or nearly).
2. Funky permissions mismatch between the login that the scheduler service
uses and the client.
3. Update your (out-of-support) version of the client, particularly in
light of the OS level. To fully support all client functionality for
Win2003, version 5.3.3.0 is the minimum required.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
US Bank MR Backup and Recovery Management