ADSM-L

Re: Trying to use TSM API

2006-06-05 10:02:33
Subject: Re: Trying to use TSM API
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:05:59 -0700
Hmmmm..... do you have a "tsm/client/api/include" directory? Try including
that, instead of the samprun dir.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2006-06-04
19:37:11:

> On Sun, 04 Jun 2006, Dan Foster might have said:
>
> > Hot Diggety! Mike was rumored to have written:
> > >
> > > The file (tsm.so) compiles great and connects to the tsm server just
fine.
> > > Only when I issue the management class query does it complain about
the
> > > structure version number.
> > >
> > > I am using vac/cc. No need to copy the library to /usr/lib since
> the extension
> > > compiles and connects without error.
> >
> > Well, the reason why I mention it is because this version error
> > indicates a mismatch against library and header files. Meaning, it's
> > possible to compile fine but fail at the run-time check.
> >
> > Besides, I think the makefile is specifically looking for libApiDS.a
in
> > /usr/lib; take a look at the makefile. Makefile is also looking for
> > header files in current directory by default, too, I think.
> >
> > Next step would be to verify that /usr/lib/libApiDS.a and
> > /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/libApiDS.a are identical, possibly by
> > running md5, md5sum, or some such utility.
> >
> > Then compare time/datestamps, and so forth, for both libApiDS.a *and*
> > the header files. You could be picking up an older version of either
> > from somewhere unexpected or forgotten about.
> >
> > You've got the right package installed, but the error is indicating
> > something is out of sync between the library and header files.
> >
> > So you need to identify and find where the older/incorrect stuff is,
> > then correct it, then recompile.
> >
> > -Dan
> >

> Thanks for the pointers. The file /usr/lib/libApiDS.a is a symlink
> to the same file at /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/libApiDS.a. My
> Makefile specifically mentions '-I
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/sample'