ADSM-L

Re: SQL Select commands

2006-05-26 07:10:19
Subject: Re: SQL Select commands
From: Dan Foster <tronic183 AT EVILPHB DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 07:09:59 -0400
Hot Diggety! Richard Sims was rumored to have written:

> Go to
>  http://www.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/rz/docs/TSM/WORKSHOPS/3rd/handouts/
>
> "Handouts I of Andrew Raibeck" is the online version.
> "Handouts II of Andrew Raibeck" is the PostScript version,

Very nice stuff, that's for sure (as are the others' presentations).

> which is trivially converted to PDF by opening on a Mac,
> where the Preview application takes care of it.

Or on a UNIX machine, can be converted via the ps2pdf utility. E.g.:

$ ps2pdf raibeck.ps > raibeck.pdf
$ acroread raibeck.pdf

(or xpdf raibeck.pdf, or transported to a Windows/Mac machine to view.)

A nice side effect of this conversion is that it shrinks the file size
for PDF by about 5.5 times without any apparent visual degradation. :-)

Can be fetched from:

http://www.cups.org/espgs/software.php

I got my copy from my Linux distribution's package repository, so it was
a mindlessly quick fetch and install.

-Dan