ADSM-L

TSM 5.3.3 startup in /etc/inittab on AIX ( problem?)

2006-05-22 09:26:52
Subject: TSM 5.3.3 startup in /etc/inittab on AIX ( problem?)
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 09:26:03 -0400
Hello,

We upgraded TSM from 5.2 to 5.3.3  over the weekend.

We also upgraded AIX on that server from 5.2 to 5.3.3

After the AIX upgrade, TSM aborts on startup from /etc/inittab

However, opening a terminal window an enetering the same startup brings
up TSM with no problem. In fact, it is still running for several days.

The /etc/inittab entry:

autosrvr:2:once:/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/rc.adsmserv >/dev/console
2>&1 #Start
 the Tivoli Storage Manager server

The startup in the terminal window:

/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/rc.adsmserv >/dev/console 2>&1

Anyone experienced similar problems?

contain information that is confidential, privileged, and/or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If this electronic message is from an
attorney or someone in the Legal Department, it may also contain confidential
attorney-client communications which may be privileged and protected from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the New York State
Thruway Authority immediately by either responding to this e-mail or calling
(518) 436-2700, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.