ADSM-L

Re: Journal Testing Tool / Mass file,folder creator

2006-05-17 15:52:55
Subject: Re: Journal Testing Tool / Mass file,folder creator
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:56:09 -0700
I would recommend going to the web site in my sig, and searching on
"journal based backup faq". That should yield an FAQ for journal-based
backup that you will find informative.

We do not have any such tools for general release to create or delete
files as you ask. However, it should not be too difficult to script up
something that can use simple operating system commands like "copy" or
"echo" to rapidly generate large numbers of files.

Simple example (assumes you have a test file called "c:\testfile") from a
Windows OS prompt to create 5 files in a directory called c:\testdir:

md c:\testdir
for /l %a in (1,1,5) do @copy c:\tsm\baclient\dsm.opt
c:\testdir\testfile%a

As for deleting the files, if you contain them within a directory (or
manageable number of directories) with no other production files, you can
use the the operating system's "rd" or "del" commands to remove the files.

In general, though, I would advise that you use the information in the FAQ
to get started. Among other things, it includes tools to help you
determine whether jbb is a fit for a particular system without actually
having to install and run jbb.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2006-05-17
12:13:06: