ADSM-L

Re: LTO Drivers for TSM

2006-05-17 11:25:16
Subject: Re: LTO Drivers for TSM
From: "Dennis, Melburn W IT743" <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:24:44 -0400
OK, the only problem I see is what actually happened during our DR Test.
I ended up using the TSM device drivers for the HP drives, but the
problem is that TSM treats them as GENERICTAPE.  All the data that needs
to be restored (including the DB tapes) used LTO as the type of device,
the problem I had when trying to recover is that it would say the tape
is of the wrong device type.  So how do I make it so the HP drives are
seen as an LTO device in TSM, and not as a GENERICTAPE.

Mel Dennis
Systems Engineer - IT743
Siemens Power Generation
4400 Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826
MC Q1-108
Tel:  (407) 736-2360
Win:  439-2360
Fax: (407) 243-0260
Email:  melburn.dennis AT siemens DOT com