ADSM-L

Re: Disk-to-Disk Backup

2006-05-17 03:28:04
Subject: Re: Disk-to-Disk Backup
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 01:12:29 -0600
Before spending a ton of time optimizing this realize that the
impediment to fast restore is file create time on the file server.  My
testing has shown that we can create between 50K and 75K files per hour.
10 Million files at 50K files is a long time: 200 hours.  Won't matter
how many TB of disk pool you have...

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO
STORServer, Inc.