ADSM-L

TSM 5.3.3 loaddb and audit problem

2006-05-16 08:24:36
Subject: TSM 5.3.3 loaddb and audit problem
From: Abdulaziz Almuammar <amuammar AT KFSHRC.EDU DOT SA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:09:47 +0300
Dear All,
we did unloaddb and loaddb but after the loaddb we faced a problem on the
backup of the nodes and it was resolved by upgrading TSM server from 5.3.2 to
5.3.3.
However, we are facing a problem on some nodes when we do restore, some files
could ot be restored and we got a message that those files are not available on
the TSM server :( although all volumes with "readwrite" access status

to make sure that the TSM db information  is synced we have to run the auditdb
but the problem with this is it takes a long time to do it and it is offline
proccess

Is there another way to make sure that the database information  is correct?
Is audit volume command on the storagepool level ( All volumes) will do the
same job as auditdb? although it takes a long time but atleast the TSM server
is up

Regards,
Abdul