ADSM-L

Re: Clustered Mount points don't show up as clustered in TSM

2006-05-11 19:36:53
Subject: Re: Clustered Mount points don't show up as clustered in TSM
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:36:29 -0700
Karel,
  How do you deal with the fact that the mount point name changes when the
cluster groups moves from one node to another? We were thinking about having
two seperate dsm.opt files.  Each would have the domain statments that list the
mount point names based on the server name. Then we were going to have a *.bat
file run as a preschedule command that would rename the mount point's file
space name on the TSM server so that the data always got backed up to the same
file space no matter what server the mount point was on.  Did you do anything
like this? Or, do you just let the mount points backup to two different
filespaces.  Remember the file space name has the complete path in it which
includes the server name which will make it look like  a different mount point
based on what server it is mounted from.

  Kyle

"Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM> wrote:
  Hi,

Read about it after the my first Windows 2003 cluster server, with mounted
disks, as ITSM back-up client. Normal clusters I had done that before, so I did
the standard config:
- Install BA client on the cluster controlers;
- Setup the back-up of the clustercontrolers (clusternode=no and domain only
local stuff);
- Setup cluster node (clusternode=yes and only cluster stuff).

And the last would not work as before. Mountpoint are on windows local so the
back-up would create \\controlereA\mp and after the switch \\controleB\mp.

After a while I though lets look in the change history of the newest ITSM
client at that time and found the (for me) new option CLUSTERDISKSONLY and some
example combinations of
CLUSTERNODE YES/No
CLUSTERDISKSONLY NO/Yes

Now I use the