ADSM-L

Export Node

2006-05-11 15:42:16
Subject: Export Node
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:41:26 -0500
I need to export some nodes from one TSM server to another to balance
the load.
I tested the command 'export node1 filedata=all toserver=serverb
mergfilespaces=yes' and got a data rate of about 16GB an hour.  The 2nd
run of the exact same command finished in 1/4 of the first run time and
moved no data. (no changes to the data between runs)  This indicates
that there is a time savings for the incremental passes should the
process end before completion.

Has anyone used this method to move TBs of data between TSM servers
while the nodes are active?  I cannot stop backing up the node for the
week it will take to move the data.

Are there any other faster ways to move the data?

Andy Huebner

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying
or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.