ADSM-L

Re: waiting for mount point ??

2006-05-11 08:58:06
Subject: Re: waiting for mount point ??
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 08:57:27 -0400
Chris - Perform a SHow LIBRary, which may shed light.

"Waiting for mount point" indicates that TSM believes all available
drives to be in use.  If not done already, do 'Query MOunt' and see
if TSM believes a tape is (endlessly) dismounting, or the like.  You
might also try experimenting with a mount attempt outside of TSM, at
the OS level, and see what results.  And, in AIX, use lsdev to assure
that the drives are in an Available state.

    Richard Sims