ADSM-L

TSM HSM for Windows?

2006-05-10 14:28:00
Subject: TSM HSM for Windows?
From: Mike <mikee AT MIKEE.ATH DOT CX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:27:27 -0500
We have a program on the windows side that moves older files
off to secondary storage (slower disk) that seems to be having
some problems. I'm asking for myself, not for management, has
anyone use the TSM HSM for Windows? I don't have enough users
nor files of this kind on my unix boxes to worry about the
HSM for unix.

The windows want fast retrieval, links they can click on to open
the file even if the file has been HSMd to somewhere else,
and something that will not interfere(?) with the regular TSM
backups of those windows boxes.

Thoughts?

Mike