ADSM-L

Migrating/moving data from one server to another.

2006-05-09 05:46:49
Subject: Migrating/moving data from one server to another.
From: Erik Björndell <erik.bjorndell AT ZETUP DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:31:27 +0200

Hi All!

We have an old IBM aix server with TSM 5.2.2 server and plan to move/migrate
this to a new server and tape library.
Info:
Old system:F80 ibm server, TSM 5.2.2, 3575 library, L24 drives.
New system: P520, TSM 5.2.x, 3582 L23 library, 2xLTO3 drives. 2,5 TB disk for
stgpools and db etc.

We want to migrate the old server to the new one, keeping the data but
not the hardware/tapes/library. Our plan is to install a new tsm server
on the new hardware and somehow copy the data for the nodes to the new,
keeping all backupdata.
Is the a best practise/redbook or other information available
regarding this.

Erik Björndell
Zetup by Semcon