ADSM-L

3584 checkin/checkout

2006-05-04 00:32:57
Subject: 3584 checkin/checkout
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 21:32:22 -0700
I'm wondering if I'm missing anything in our setup of the 3584 as it relates
to incoming and outgoing tapes. Currently the mainframe sends alerts to the
operators when the I/O port is full on the 3494 and needs emptying. Once
empty the checkout of tapes can continues. I was wondering how others manage
that on a 3584. Is there a way to send alerts when the port is full? I'd
hate to come in and find all the tapes were not ejected because the job
could not continue.

Second question relates to checking in tapes. On the 3494 you can insert
tapes to the I/O port and it automatically empties it and put tapes into
empty slots. I don't see this available with a 3584, but easily could have
missed it, so I'm wondering if there is a way to change a setting on the
library or automate this.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com