ADSM-L

Re: Backup command line wildcard Characters?

2006-05-02 11:35:47
Subject: Re: Backup command line wildcard Characters?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:38:51 -0700
- You cannot use wildcards in the directory portion of the file
specification.
- You need to put quotes around the file spec since it contains blank
spaces.

Another alternative is to try something like this:

for /d %a in (c:\Firstfolder\??-Jan2005) do @dsmc s "%a\Millions of
files\*" -su=y

Additional note 1: Use "-su=y" (short for "-subdir=yes") only if you need
to process subdirectories of the "..\Millions of files" directories.

Additional note 2: Of course, if you embed the above into a batch file,
Windows batch file rules dictate that you need to use "%%a" instead of
"%a".

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2006-05-02
08:13:06: