ADSM-L

Re: Retention policy question :

2006-05-02 11:34:54
Subject: Re: Retention policy question :
From: "Vats.Ashok" <Ashok.Vats AT FTB.CA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:34:22 -0700
We are running TSM 5.3.0.0 on aix 5.3 and the implementation was done by a
consultant with the following retention policy in place :
           Version = 4
        Retain only version = 30 days
        Retain extra version = 30 days

If we have two files A and File B file A changes every day but file B never
changes after the initial creation day ...what happens to the backup copies in
the TSM serv on day 30th, 32nd and 33rd....

Appreciate any input

Thanks,
Ashok

>q co

Policy       Policy       Mgmt         Copy         Versions    Versions
Retain     Retain
Domain       Set Name     Class        Group            Data        Data
Extra       Only
Name                      Name         Name           Exists     Deleted
Versions    Version
---------    ---------    ---------    ---------    --------    --------
--------    -------
SQL_DOMA-    ACTIVE       MDEFAULT     STANDARD     No Limit    No Limit
  30         30
 IN
SQL_DOMA-    ACTIVE       SQLTRANS-    STANDARD     No Limit    No Limit
  30         30
 IN                        DISK
SQL_DOMA-    SQL_POLI-    MDEFAULT     STANDARD     No Limit    No Limit
  30         30
 IN           CY
SQL_DOMA-    SQL_POLI-    SQLTRANS-    STANDARD     No Limit    No Limit
  30         30
 IN           CY           DISK
STANDARD     ACTIVE       STANDARD     STANDARD            2           1
  30         60
STANDARD     STANDARD     STANDARD     STANDARD            2           1
  30         60
WIN_DISK-    ACTIVE       MDEFAULT     STANDARD            4           1
  30         30
 _DOMAIN
WIN_DISK-    WIN_DISK-    MDEFAULT     STANDARD            4           1
  30         30
 _DOMAIN      _POLICY
WIN_TAPE-    ACTIVE       MDEFAULT     STANDARD            4           1
  30         30
 _DOMAIN
WIN_TAPE-    WIN_TAPE-    MDEFAULT     STANDARD            4           1
  30         30
 _DOMAIN      _POLICY