ADSM-L

Re: archive hangs

2006-05-02 07:31:24
Subject: Re: archive hangs
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:30:56 +0200
Hi,

We made these changes trying get to better throughput on our gig
network.  (we are now working on 2 problems at once).  The gig nics are
set to auto_negotiate since AIX does not have a 1000/full setting.  The
network folks say everything is clean from their end.

Of course, there is a 1000_full setting on AIX. Enter the command
"lsattr -R -l ent0 -a media_speed" and look at the values. The nic and
the switch should have the same settings.
Examine the output of the "netstat -v" command for any errors, like CRC
errors. Test the throughput with a tool like netperf.

--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470