ADSM-L

tsm script continuation character

2006-05-01 11:31:37
Subject: tsm script continuation character
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:31:10 -0400
Hello,

I have the script below setup to run on Sunday. I understand
the dash (-) is a continuation character that is placed at the end of
the
line, But I saw in the server log it did not accept the dash, Should
there be a space on the next line before the continuation of a script?

Administrator XXXXXXissued command: BACKUP DB
devclass=BKP type=full scratch=yes -= wait=yes  (SESSION:

ANR2020E BACKUP DB: Invalid parameter - -. (SESSION: 988)

This is the way it looks way when I click on the script

serial
backup db devclass=bkp type=full scratch=yes - wait=yes
serial
BA STG backuppool remotepool maxpr=2 wait=yes
serial
migrate stgpool backuppool lowmig=0 wait=yes
serial
Ba STG LTOpool REMOTEpool maxpr=2 wait=yes

This is the way it looks when I update date the the script

serial
backup db devclass=bkp type=full scratch=yes  -
wait=yes
serial
BA STG backuppool remotepool maxpr=2 wait=yes
serial
migrate stgpool backuppool lowmig=0 wait=yes
serial
Ba STG LTOpool REMOTEpool maxpr=2 wait=yes

Thanks in Advance!