ADSM-L

Re: SOLVED Re: [ADSM-L] dsm.opt not fully effective for server induced backups

2006-04-29 14:03:34
Subject: Re: SOLVED Re: [ADSM-L] dsm.opt not fully effective for server induced backups
From: Michal Mertl <michal.mertl AT I DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 20:03:08 +0200
Andrew Raibeck wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> I am happy to hear that you found my presentation materials useful! :-)
>
> Question regarding your statement:
>
> > ... but in fact I wasn't looking for a way to
> > exclude the whole drive ...
>
> Your original question seemed to regard how to exclude the e: drive... if
> you did not want to exclude the entire drive, then what were you trying to
> do?

In this particular situation I know I can exclude the whole drive,
because there isn't anything except the directories I don't want. But I
was excluding it not because I wanted to exclude a drive, I didn't want
the contents of these directories.

I wanted to learn how to exclude stuff in general. If I knew that, I
could then also exclude the whole drive, as it can be described as just
a collection of directories plus the files in the root directory.