ADSM-L

Re: eject tapes from 3584

2006-04-29 07:53:27
Subject: Re: eject tapes from 3584
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:53:20 -0400
This seems to be a change in behavior in 5.3. Both CHECKOUT LIBV and MOVE DRM
with REM=BULK work somewhat differently. I notice that
on the checkouts a scan of the I/O BULK port is done first, then the tape is
moved to an available port. On the fast 3584 library,
this doesn't add that much time to the whole process, but on a library with a
much slower robot (like the 3583's) this really slows
things down. When the BULK I/O ports are all full you now get the prompt. We
have had to change our vaulting scripts to only process
10 at a time for our 3584 and then send an alert that more tapes need to be
processed.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??