ADSM-L

TSM hangs on Fedora 5 Client backup

2006-04-27 15:59:00
Subject: TSM hangs on Fedora 5 Client backup
From: Mike Anderson <mfanderson AT HEALTH-PARTNERS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:55:36 -0400
I have a very low end client (600mhz) running fedora 5, that one of our
customers wants backed up. The client installed ok but when I try to run a
backup
the backup just hangs. I tried to use memory efficient, took compression
off,  and even changed large comm buffers to off. It goes through all the
files ok
but when it starts to backup the files just hangs. The client looks like
its running, but the TSM server shows its status as idle wait.

Client version  5.3.2

Server version Windows 5.2.3

Any ideas?

Mike Anderson
mfanderson AT health-partners DOT org
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.