ADSM-L

Re: multiple tape processes for offsite volumes

2006-04-26 13:18:52
Subject: Re: multiple tape processes for offsite volumes
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:13:35 -0400
"backup stgpool" has had the maxprocess parm for some time now.  Now
sure which release it came in at but it was certainly there at 5.2 and
is still there at 5.3.

David Ehresman
University of Louisville

>>> GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM 4/26/2006 11:23:41 AM >>>
One of the issues I have had with TSM is the inability for it to run
multiple processes from a single disk storage pool to a pool designated
go offsite. With 5.3 out I was wondering if that has changed, haven't
seen
anything yet to think not but maybe I missed it, or if we're still
stuck
with this. Sending 1.5TB of data offsite each day, when it was smaller
was
fine, using a single thread now doesn't work well.

If it is the case does anyone know if IBM has plans to implement that
anytime soon?

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com