ADSM-L

multiple tape processes for offsite volumes

2006-04-26 11:27:15
Subject: multiple tape processes for offsite volumes
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:23:41 -0700
One of the issues I have had with TSM is the inability for it to run
multiple processes from a single disk storage pool to a pool designated to
go offsite. With 5.3 out I was wondering if that has changed, haven't seen
anything yet to think not but maybe I missed it, or if we're still stuck
with this. Sending 1.5TB of data offsite each day, when it was smaller was
fine, using a single thread now doesn't work well.

If it is the case does anyone know if IBM has plans to implement that
anytime soon?

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com