ADSM-L

How to perform backups to two nodes

2006-04-26 09:54:52
Subject: How to perform backups to two nodes
From: Gustavo Olivera <gusolivera AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:32:47 -0300
Hi,

I'm a DB2 DBA and work with DB2 UDB V7 and V8. I want have two "nodes" in TSM
in order to apply one policie for each node.

Now, I have one node and perform daily backups, and a daily script perform a
db2adutl delete, in order to delete the backups older than one month.

I want apply a policie in order to hold monthly backups for one year. My idea
is perform monthly backups and monthly scripts with the appropiate db2adutl
delete.

Teach me about how to perform a backup with one specified node in TSM ¿what are
the backup option to specify this? The same doubt are about db2adutl delete
command

Thanks in advance

Alfonso Vicente