ADSM-L

TSM Port 1757 Behind A Firewall

2006-04-26 08:55:39
Subject: TSM Port 1757 Behind A Firewall
From: Jeff White <Jeff.White AT CIS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:50:09 +0100
Hi,

TSM Server 5.2.2 running on z/os
Windows 2003 TSM Client 5.3.2
TDP for SQL 2.1

I have a windows client which is behind a firewall. The dsm.opt file (for
TDP) has the following:
COMMMethod         TCPip
TCPPort            1500
TCPServeraddress   mainframe
TCPClientaddress   x.xx.xxx.xxx
TCPClientport      1501

So the TCPclient port listens on port 1501 and firewall admin have opened
up port 1501 bi-directional so that the scheduled, which is prompted from
the TSM server, can contact. But it won't work. Firewall Admin tell me they
can see the traffic over port 1757, but nothing on 1501. They have blocked
1501 and opened 1757 and it works fine, although the actual backup runs on
a different port again.

I have researched this on the forum and this has been posted in 2004 and
2005, but no replies were given. Given we've forward a year, anyone have a
suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Jeff White

This e-mail may contain confidential information or be privileged. It is
intended to be read and used only by the named recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient(s) please notify us immediately so that we can make
arrangements for its return: you should not disclose the contents of this
e-mail to any other person, or take any copies. Unless stated otherwise by an
authorised individual, nothing contained in this e-mail is intended to create
binding legal obligations between us and opinions expressed are those of the
individual author.

The CIS marketing group, members of which are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority, includes:
Co-operative Insurance Society Limited Registered in England number 3615R
CIS General Insurance Limited Registered in England number 29999R
CIS Unit Managers Limited Registered in England and Wales number 2369965
CIS Policyholder Services Limited Registered in England and Wales number 3390839

Registered offices: Miller Street, Manchester M60 0AL
Internet http://www.cis.co.uk

CIS & the CIS logo (R) Co-operative Insurance Society Limited