ADSM-L

TSM BA client on Exchange 4-way cluster hangs

2006-04-25 16:31:50
Subject: TSM BA client on Exchange 4-way cluster hangs
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:28:38 -0400
Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, 4-node cluster, 3 active 1 passive.
BAclient 5.3.2.2.
TDP For Exchange NOT installed yet.

Have installed the Windows baclient, trying to get a backup of the C: drive and
system state before we start installing the TDP for Exchange and all the
appropriate schedulers.

On NODE4 (the passive node), got the baclient installed and backed up the C:
drive.
Then used the cluster admin app to move Exchange resources from one of the
other nodes to NODE4.

Now the Baclient won't open.  Just hangs at the splash screen with msg
"initializing".
Domain is C:, E;, SYSTEM SERVICES, SYSTEM STATE.

A reboot clears things up.  But once the resources get moved back to NODE4,
same result - GUI hangs.
(And this is the baclient, not the TDP client....)

Results are the same whether I have CLUSTERNODE YES in the dsm.opt file or not.
 (Is CLUSTERNODE YES required for the client instance that is to back up the
local resources only?)

Any hints?  No error messages, eventually have to kill the process with Task
Manager.