ADSM-L

Re: Throttling back TSM client

2006-04-25 14:41:15
Subject: Re: Throttling back TSM client
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:37:20 -0400
Paul -

Certainly, "de-tuning" the TSM backups will reduce the impact, where
the most obvious tactic is to minimize RESOURceutilization. And you
can get more drastic via MEMORYEFficientbackup Yes. Depending upon
the file population, the influx of the Active files list at the
beginning of an incremental will always have a "fixed" impact. Beyond
that, you can deprioritize the TSM client process at the OS level.

If you want to get silly, turn on client tracing: *that* will reduce
throughput, for sure.

   Richard Sims